Thursday, March 17, 2011

Decisions Decisions

As most of you know we have been waiting and waiting and waiting to figure out exactly where Gregg and I will be living once we come home in August. Well, this week I finally heard from University of Washington and unfortunately I wasn't accepted. Definitely a bummer but honestly when I heard I felt more relief than anything. Ever since I decided to go back to school, Gregg and I have been praying that God would make it painfully clear where it is that He wants us to go. And what better way to to be both painful and obvious than with a rejection right? Seriously though, we would have loved to move back to Seattle in August but we truly feel that God has a very different plan for us. Of course only He knows what that is right now but we are excited to have faith and enjoy the ride.

A great example of God preparing the way is our trip that we are going on tomorrow. Three weeks ago we had no plans to return to the states during our time here but one thing led to another and pretty soon we had a two-week, four state trip planned! Its pretty cool how God goes ahead of us to plans things we don't even know we need. So now that we are down to the two schools, we are really praying that God again makes it painfully obvious which of the schools is THE school. If you think about us in the next few weeks, we would really appreciate your prayers!

In preparation for our trip I did a bit of baking today. Since we are poor (or cheap, or both), we really don't like buying expensive, yucky airport food if we don't have to. So, I braved the challenge that is baking in Guatemala and made these delicious goodies...

"Convenience foods" are so hard to find in the stores here I decided to try to replicate some of our favorites. More specifically;  Blueberry muffins, Granola bars, and Cheez-it crackers! Actually the Cheez-its recipe is actually for Goldfish Crackers but since there is not a huge market in Guate for fish cookie cutters I had to make due with boring circles. Everything turned out pretty delicious but I am exciting to try them again in the future when I have an oven that actually tells me where 350 degrees is...another of the joys of baking here.
ummm..where is 350 degrees?
And since it has been a while since I put a photo of us on here...here we are. Yes Gregg's hair IS out of control. He's really let himself go...

3 comments:

  1. BAHH....that is me crying :(. But, I am so glad that God is paving the way for you two and I will be praying that He continues to guide your decisions. I hope you'll be back to visit and meet Baby Seitz sometime though!! Your creations look delicious!! I am so impressed with your ability to improvise without even knowing how hot the oven is! You are awesome. Miss you guys, love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sad to hear you won't be returning home, but excited that you get to move on to something exciting and new! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic of you guys and again, I am so excited for what God is and will be doing in and through you both. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete