Thursday, October 21, 2010

Grado A fue Pan Comida

Gregg passed his level A test! Bravo bravo! Ahorita onto Grado B = past tense, irregular verbs, and lots and lots of vocabulary! Usually it takes students 3-4 weeks to pass a grade but Gregg did it in less than 3! Muy inteligente :) We are both improving poco a poco each day. Orginally we made a rule that we couldn't speak English to each other between 7am and 7pm but that lasted about 2 days before we wanted to kill each other (translation: Kelley wanted to kill Gregg). So now we have adapted the original plan to a more realistic and sanity friendly one. Between 7-7 we try to speak solo Espanol as much as possible but if someone doesn't understand or doesn't know how to say something we don't make a big deal out of it. Definitely mejor! Besides its not like we aren't speaking enough Spanish already :) Right now we are in school 4-5 hours/day, then do homework for 2-4 hours, then talk to our house family only in Spanish during all three meals. A mi, esto es suficiente! 




For passing his test Gregg got his first Guatemalan gummy worms. This is pretty much that only thing he's been craving from the States so I searched and found the only store that sells them in Antigua. Its hard to go from eating something almost everyday to never! 


Well vamos a estudiar! (we gotta go study) We'll be back this weekend though with a more thorough update. Love and miss everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the Spanish test Gregg. I wish I knew that you were so smart when you were up here. I would have used more grown up words when we hung out together.

    So tell me. Spanish test 1, easier or harder to pass than CFA test 1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, after we hung out i would always wonder why you pretty much only said things like "the dog ran fast today" or "johnny goes to school"? I figured you may have not known much English grammar, so when I learned the basics of Spanish I was relating to how I thought you must have felt. Man, I'm realizing now how much different the past 2 years could have been without this misunderstanding. I often thought and told Kelley "I think Luke would be a great friend if he could talk about more than running dogs, red balls, going to school, etc."

    Oh and CFA was harder for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete